We had to make these Authentic Florida sugar cookies. Who doesn’t love the simple taste of buttery, sweet cookies topped with pretty icing? The fun is in the decorating. So delightful, so Florida! You can get the cut out from an on-line company (below). Read on to check out our Authentic Florida Sugar Cookie Recipe!
Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
Refrigerator Time: 3-4 hours
Baking Time: 8-10 minutes
Yields: 18-24 small cookies or 12-15 larger cookies
Ingredients for Florida Sugar Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups sifted flour
- 2 cookie sheet pans, parchment paper
Directions for Florida Sugar Cookie Recipe
- In a mixer, cream together: 1 cup butter and 2/3 cup sugar.
- Then, beat in 1 egg.
- Add ½ teaspoon salt.
- Add 2 ½ cups of sifted flour (use a sifter).
- Mix all ingredients until blended.
- Roll into a flat disc, cover with plastic.
- In the refrigerator, chill dough for 3-4 hours.
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes, let sit
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- With a rolling pin, roll out the dough on a floured mat ¼” thick
- Use a cookie cutter to cut the cookies or form your own
- Place on cookie sheet with parchment paper (avoids cookie bottom from burning)
- Bake 8-10 minutes until barely browned (I found if the cookies were more than ¼” thick, you’ll need more time)
- Place on wired racks to cool
Frosting Your Cookies
- ¾ cup of sifted powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon lemon juice
- Melt butter, combine all ingredients. Beat until smooth.
- Add food coloring to the mixture. Add cookie decorations.
Recipe adapted from The Ann Clark Ltd., www.AnnClark.com. Cookie-cutter can be ordered from the same website.
Looking for another delicious Authentic Florida recipe? Check out: Authentic Florida’s Fresh Mango Ice Cream.
AuthenticFlorida.com was named Best Travel Blog two-times at the Florida Sunshine Awards.
To receive Authentic Florida’s free weekly ENEWs, sign up on our Authentic Florida home page.
To inquire about partnerships/advertising, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments are closed.