Looking for something to do with zucchini? Try this perfect summer veggie delight – guaranteed to make any occasion special and ideal for your next “covered dish.” We promise that friends will beg you for this recipe. Served at room temperature or hot, it goes with any main entree, especially Florida seafood. Read on to check out this delicious Zucchini Pie Recipe!
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Green medium Florida zucchinis (2) (1 pound), cut into ½ inch pieces
- Yellow Florida zucchinis or squash (2) (1 pound), cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 10 large eggs: 5 large whole eggs plus 5 egg whites, lightly beaten
- ½ cup of fresh chopped dill
- ½ cup of chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 medium or large Florida tomato thinly sliced
- 2 ounces of feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 deep-dish glass pie plate
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- At low to medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the zucchini, squash, and scallions and stir for 1-2 minutes. Next, add the garlic, a teaspoon of marjoram, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently until soft and beginning to brown, about five minutes total (for all ingredients).
- Transfer zucchini/squash mixture to a large bowl and let cool.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk the 5 whole eggs and the 5 egg whites. Add the chopped dill and parsley. Pour over the cooled zucchini and stir the mixture.
- Pour into a deep baking dish that has been sprayed with Pam (or use butter in absence of Pam cooking spray).
- Cover the top with sliced tomatoes. Sprinkle with feta cheese.
- Bake one hour at 325 degrees.
- Serve hot or at room temperature
Adapted from Martha Stewart’s Zucchini Pie recipe.
Looking for another fresh Florida recipe? Check out: Florida Orange Grove Pie Recipe.
AuthenticFlorida.com was named Best Travel Blog two-times at the Florida Sunshine Awards.
To receive Authentic Florida’s free weekly ENEWs, sign up on our Authentic Florida home page.
To inquire about partnerships/advertising, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments are closed.