Now that we’re all spending more time inside than we’re used to, it’s the perfect time to play board games and complete a puzzle with the family! We are, of course, partial to this classic wooden puzzle that depicts a map of Florida. The puzzle showcases some of our favorite Authentic Florida cities, such as St. Augustine, Tarpon Springs, and Silver Springs, to name a few.
Full disclosure: Authentic Florida is an Amazon Associate. Because affiliate marketing is performance-based — affiliates are paid only when the desired action takes place. So shop ’til you drop … it doesn’t cost you anything extra to go through these links!
Classic Authentic Florida Wooden Jigsaw Puzzle – 1000 Pieces
Benefits of Puzzles
- Jigsaw puzzles help to exercise your brain and keep it strong! This works on both sides of your brain – the left brain, which controls analytics and logic, and the right brain, which controls creativity.
- Working on a puzzle helps improve your memory! Our brain cells have connections, and puzzles reinforce them and also form new connections necessary in our short-term memory.
- Since puzzles require us to try many different solutions through trial and error, they also help improve problem-s0lving skills.
- When completing a puzzle, it is necessary to see how the small pieces fit into the overall larger puzzle. Activities that do this (crossword puzzles are another great option!) help improve visual and spatial reasoning.
- While puzzles may be stressful at times, they have been shown to increase the production of dopamine, AKA the “happy hormone”!
- If you’re stressed out, next time try working on a puzzle! It helps our brains focus on only one task and gives our overthinking minds a well-deserved break!
- Looking to improve your IQ score? The University of Michigan completed a study that shows working on a puzzle for at least 25 minutes a day boosts your IQ score by 4 points!
Learn more about some of the places featured on this classic Florida puzzle:
- Step Back in Time in Charming St. Augustine
- Authentic Tarpon Springs: Sponge Capital of the World
- Oh, Ocala!
AuthenticFlorida.com was named Best Travel Blog two-times at the Florida Sunshine Awards.
To receive Authentic Florida’s free weekly ENEWs, sign up on our Authentic Florida home page.
To inquire about partnerships/advertising, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments are closed.