July 14th is Shark Awareness Day!
Did you know there are numerous places in Florida where you can see sharks up close and personal? Check out our list of JAW-some shark activities throughout Florida!
Florida Aquarium has a “Swim with the Fishes” adventure that allows guests to experience the Florida Keys coral reef dive sites without being a certified scuba driver. You can swim with not only sharks, but stingrays, barracudas, and sea turtles!
Florida Shark Diving gets you up close and personal with sharks in their natural surroundings with some of the largest numbers of sharks in the world. You can be an experienced shark diver or a novice looking to see a shark for the first time! You have two options of trips – viewing the sharks from the boat or cage-diving and free-diving with the sharks!
The Florida Keys and its offshore waters are the natural habitats of a diverse variety of sharks! Whether it’s your first time diving with a shark or you’re experienced, Keys Shark Diving has an excursion for you! You can either take a shark viewing trip (non-diving) or a shark diving trip inside a shark cage! No scuba certification is needed for these trips as the cage floats right on the surface next to the boat!
Looking to make it a day trip? Check out our favorite things to do in the Marathon Islands!
Shark Tours Florida lets you swim with sharks in open water off the coast of Palm Beach, Florida. Don’t want to get in the water? You can sign up as a rider and observe from the boat! You’ll be able to see lots of varieties of sharks depending on the time of year including:
- Silky Sharks
- Bull Sharks
- Blacktip Sharks
- Lemon Sharks
- Tiger Sharks
The Theater of the Sea swim with sharks program includes a 10-minute orientation and 20 minutes of interactive time with the sharks. You’ll be able to feed and hold nurse sharks while you’re sitting in the water plus you’ll have the opportunity to snorkel with sharks in the saltwater lagoon.
Are you not a daredevil and looking for something a little more tame? Check out these five Floridian Shark Tank success stories!
- Ben Stern – Nohbo Ball – an eco-friendly shampoo ball created by Stern, who was just 16 years old when he was on the show!
- Chris Gilpin – SignalVault – a tech firm that helps fight credit card fraud.
- Gaston Blanchet & Jesse Potash – The Trunkster – water and shock resistant suitcase featuring a built-in digital scale, USB charging station and GPS-enabled tracking system.
- Jesse Wolfe – O’Dang Hummus – salad dressings and hummus available at Whole Foods and Publix.
- Phil Dumas – UniKey – powers leading smart locks with a secure mobile platform to replace keys, codes and passwords by turning a smartphone into a universal electronic key.
AuthenticFlorida.com was named Best Travel Blog at the 2018 Sunshine Awards.
To receive Authentic Florida’s free weekly ENEWs, sign up on our Authentic Florida home page.
To inquire about partnerships/advertising, please contact email@example.com
Proud Member of:
Comments are closed.