August 21st is National Sweet Tea Day!
Homemade Southern Sweet Tea
- 12 regular-size Tea bags
- 1 qt. distilled or bottled water
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 qt. ice cubes
- 1 1/4 cups “Simple Syrup” – 1 cup sugar, 1/4 cup water (see below for instructions)
- Step 1: Place Tea bags and baking soda in a large heatproof glass pitcher.
- Step 2: Bring water just to a rolling boil in a saucepan or kettle, and immediately pour over Tea bags, making sure bags are submerged. Cover and steep 7 minutes. Remove tea bags without squeezing; discard tea bags.
- Step 3: Add ice, and then stir until ice melts. Stir in “Simple Syrup”, and serve over ice.
- FYI: This Sweet Tea recipe was tested with Luzianne Tea.
- First bring water and sugar to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Next, boil 1 minute or until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat, and cool 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate your Sweet Tea in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Want to go out and grab your own delicious Sweet Tea to celebrate today? Head out to your favorite cafe and treat yourself! (Our favorite is the Sweet Tea at Barnie’s Coffee & Tea in Winter Park. You can check it out here!)
Comments are closed.