History of the Creamsicle
Happy National Creamsicle Day! Did you know that the creamsicle was made in 1905 by 11-year-old Frank Epperson who experimented with putting fruit juice around vanilla ice cream? He called his creation the “epsicle” which later became known as a popsicle, creamsicle, and dreamsicle! The original flavor was orange, but today you can find them in many different flavors like blue raspberry, lime, grape, cherry, and blueberry! Read on to check out a recipe for an Authentic Florida Creamsicle!
Creamsicle is actually a brand name, but it has become so synonymous with that kind of ice cream that many people call other versions creamsicle as well. The company also made the Fudgesicle and the Dreamsicle (which contains ice milk rather than ice cream)!
Try this delicious recipe by Abby Langer of Abby Langer Nutrition that is a healthy and delicious way to celebrate Creamsicle Day! You can check it out here!
- 2 cups Florida Orange Juice or a little more depending on the size of the ice pop molds
- 1 cup full-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Sugar or any type of sweetener to taste
- In a bowl, stir together the yogurt, vanilla, and sweetener
- Then, divide the yogurt mixture between the molds. To get the swirled effect, also spread some of the yogurt on the sides of the molds
- Fill the molds the rest of the way with the Florida Orange Juice
- Freeze until solid
Here are a few other articles you may enjoy:
- Nothing Beats a Fantastic Florida Farmers Market
- Getting the Groove at the U-Pick Grove
- Authentic Florida’s Sour Orange Pie Recipe
- Delicious and Nutritious Florida Orange Juice
- Florida Orange Pound Cake
- The Nostalgic Art of Florida’s Vintage Citrus Labels
AuthenticFlorida.com was named Best Travel Blog two-times at the Florida Sunshine Awards.
To receive Authentic Florida’s free weekly ENEWs, sign up on our Authentic Florida home page.
To inquire about partnerships/advertising, please contact email@example.com
Comments are closed.