Watermelon Uses: Flesh
- Diced into salads or salsas (tip: grab fresh cuts from the store for quick and easy!)
- Skewered and grilled as kebobs
- As a “personal” or mini watermelon when you don’t need too much
- Simply enjoy a big, juicy slice!
Watermelon Uses: Juice
Florida Watermelon Association
In general, at 92% water, watermelon is an excellent choice for staying hydrated. Overripe watermelon? Don’t throw it out! Instead, juice or puree it to retain its value and nutrition.
- Blended into smoothies – ideal for breakfast or as pre-workout fuel
- Mixed into your favorite cocktail
- Straight up! Pure watermelon juice is delicious and refreshing
Watermelon Uses: Rind
Source: Florida Watermelon Association
- As part of a stir-fry
- Sliced into a crunchy stir fry
- Fermented for sweet-salty pickles
- As a vessel or centerpiece for salsas, salads or smoothie bowls
Looking for something family-friendly and fun to make at home! You can find the instructions along with a how-to video here! Make sure to tag your creations using #AuthenticFlorida so we can see them too!
Comments are closed.